Visit Maho/Maho Village
As the epicenter of Sint Maarten, Maho Village is a destination within a destination that redefines entertainment, dining, shopping and gaming in a vibrant resort atmosphere. Steps away from the famous plane landings over Maho Beach, Maho Village features a promenade bustling with duty-free boutiques, a host of international restaurants, bars, cafes and lounges to suit every palate and mood. Whatever you desire, whether it’s high stakes gaming, adrenaline pumping nightlife or relaxing Caribbean diversions, indulge it in Maho Village!
Getting Here / Entry Requirements
Air service to Princess Juliana International Airport (SXM) in Sint Maarten is provided by all major airlines including: American Airlines, Delta, JetBlue, United, Caribbean Airlines, KLM, Air France, TUI, LIAT, Windward Islands Airways (WINAIR) and many others.
All visitors must have a valid passport and a return/continuing ticket.
For the latest information on Sint Maarten’s entry requirements, please click here.
Explore The Island
Available at an additional charge: A dedicated tour desk will guide you through all our daily events and help you organize off-property activities, including snorkeling, scuba, sunset dinner cruises, private tours, ATV and dune buggy tours, distillery tours, private charters and any other island adventures.
Conveniently located in the lobby at Sonesta Maho Beach Resort, Dollar/Thrifty Car Rental offers guests a great rate for same day, 7-day or more car rentals. Visit https://dollarthriftysxm.com for more information.
Covered parking available in Maho Village at a discounted rate for resort guests.
About The Island
Philipsburg on Great Bay is the capital of Sint Maarten. Marigot is the capital of French Saint Martin.
- Sint Maarten is a culturally diverse island whose residents hail from over 77 nations around the world.
- English is spoken everywhere, but Dutch is the official language of Sint Maarten and French the official language of Saint Martin. On Sint Maarten, you can also hear Spanish, Papiamentu, Italian, Hindi, Chinese and other languages. On the French side, Creole Patois is also spoken.
- Sint Maarten uses the same 110/120V 60Hz A/C electricity and wall outlets as the US and Canada.
- International roaming is available in Sint Maarten with GSM cell phones operating on 900 and 1800 MHz frequencies. Check with your local phone carrier to verify your coverage, compatibility and roaming plan.
- Sint Maarten is in the Atlantic Standard Time Zone, which is 1 hour ahead of Eastern Standard Time in the winter season (-4 hrs. UTC/GMT) and is on the same hour as Eastern Daylight Savings Time in the summer.
- Sint Maarten is sunny and warm year-round, with relaxing breezes from trade winds. Average temperature during the winter season is 80F (27C). The island gets a few degrees warmer in the summer. There are occasional showers in late summer and early fall, with average annual rainfall of 45 inches.
- US dollars are accepted in Sint Maarten. The Antillean guilder is the official currency, but prices appear in US dollars and banks and ATMs distribute both dollars and guilders. The euro is the official currency in French Saint Martin, but US dollars are widely accepted on the French side as well.
- 41,000 people live on Sint Maarten and 36,000 on Saint Martin.
Love Maho and want to own here?
Maho Real Estate can help find your island sanctuary. Maho Real Estate offers effortless ownership from bay to ocean and inspired design in the selection of condominiums; homesites; and private, luxury villas. Visit livemaho.com, our sales office in Maho, or contact us at +1.721.545.5591 to find your island retreat within Aquamarina, BlueMarine, La Terrasse, and our newest project: The Emerald at Maho.